Sunday 3 October 2010

Evaluation


I have produced a school magazine as my preliminary task for A-level media studies.
Firstly I researched other school magazines to examine the way in which they are presented, such as texts, layouts, language, pictures and pages in the magazine. Doing this research helped me massively to produce and create my school magazine as I was able to get a varitey of idea's in the way a good, successful school magazine is developed and produced. 
The Conventions that I have observed in the terms of the design and the use of imagery is that every school magazine is designed and text languaged to the right target audience, meaning the fonts and the lauguage is appropiate and suitable for the target audience.
The use of imagery that is mostly used in a school magazine is pictures of either students, teachers, students school work and the school building itself. Most magazines have also made sure the focus and angle in the every photo looks perfessional and good. Also that they use photo's as their backgrounds in the magazines which gives an attractive appearence. All of this is what I wanted to achieve in my magazine, thats why I set out to include all the research I did in my magazine to produce an outstanding piece of work to the best of my ability.
Mt target audience for a school magazine are students and staff that attend or work at the school, parents of the students and the commuity of where the school is located such as local shops. Also the goverment of the brough and school will be interested as well. From knowing who my target audience are, I have to remember to include items and information that will attract the varity of taget audiences that I have.
I attracted my audience by including relevant and interesting things that will appeal to everyone, therefore every different target audience has a section in the magazine that will most appeal and suitable for them. For example I have a page which is based on puzzles and games as this will appeal to most of the students, whereas I have aslo created an issue and information page which more intensionally staff and parents will be attracted to.
I have also made sure that I havent made the layour and design of the magazine to formal and boring but yet havent made it too childish.
While creating this media product, i have learnt how to use a different range of sofwares to design and create your final piece. I have learnt to experment with new tools on the computers softwares such as editing photo's, layouts and texts and adding effects aswell. I have always been computer litural and very creative with my design work but I feel that experiencing different softwares has increased my level of knowlegde about design work and techolongy you may use.
Having created a school magazine for my preliminary task, I have learnt the basics and the knowlegde of how to create a magazine using computer software, digital camera's and my own creative mind. I feel that I could managed the time and deadlines alot better in this task as I was a bit behide of some of the tasks that needed to be completed but with determination and effort I was able to complete the preliminary task and to the best of my ability. Therefore this has helped me to manage my time skills and be more oraganised in creating my final piece which a music magazine.
By looking at the pervious classes blogs and magazine, this helped me to see how they created and produced their own school magazine. For example how the layout was, the use of pictures and words that they included and if they produced it to the best of their ability. From looking at the other peoples work it made me realize that I should include a title as currently I just have the school name as the title and then the slogan underneath. I feel that having a title will capture the audience more and make them know the magazine more.

No comments:

Post a Comment